38th annual high school art show, silent auction at Sikeston Depot Museum | Arts & Culture
SIKESTON, MO (KFVS) - The 38th Annual Regional High School Student Art Show will be Tuesday, January 8 at the Sikeston Depot Museum.
Twelve high schools are expected to participate in the art show.
January also brings two opportunities to participate in a very special silent auction for wonderful art pieces created for the "Band of Artists" exhibit held last Spring. These special wooden cutouts of musical instruments were turned into beautiful and fascinating works of art by students and teachers from Sikeston, Dexter, Notre Dame, East Prairie, Poplar Bluff, New Madrid County Central and Charleston high schools. Proceeds from the auction will be split between the Depot and the high school art department which created the piece.
Bids will be taken during the Friday, Jan. 11, Downtown Gallery Walk (5-7:30 p.m.), and the Sunday, Jan. 20, awards reception (2-4 p.m.) for the Regional High School Student Art Show.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse