Heartland Easter events | Community Spirit
(KFVS) - Easter is almost here!
The following is a list of Easter-related events scheduled around the Heartland. If you would like to add another event, you can click here to submit it.
- Easter Egg Hunt Friday at 1 p.m. at the old school in Grand Chains, Ill. Bring the kids to meet the Easter Bunny.
- Hoppy Days at Discovery Playhouse on Friday, April 6 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, April 7 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Will include science projects, activities, treats and spin-art cookies.Most activities included with admission. Discovery Playhouse will be closed Easter Sunday.
- Bell City, Mo. $5 all you can eat biscuit and gravy/sausage breakfast. April 7 at the lakeville Masonic lodge in Bell City. 6 a.m.-10 a.m. then an Easter egg hunt at the Bell City school at 10:30 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
- You can make plans to attend the Michelle Bundy 5K, Michelle needs everyone now more than ever. Easter weekend, Saturday, April 7 at 8 a.m. at Capaha Park, Cape Girardeau. Visit their Facebook page for more info and a printable registration form.
- Westside Church of God in Poplar Bluff, Mo. will be holding their community Easter Egg Hunt on April 7 at 11 a.m. at the church. It is located on the corner of Barron and Channon Drive. Cookies and punch will be provided by the church and prizes will be awarded in each age group: 0-5 years, 6-8 years and 9-12 years.
- Chaffee, Mo. New Hope Apostolic Church April 7 Center park ages 2-10 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Our Eatser Egg Hunt/BBQ at Overcomers Church is Saturday, April 7 and starts at 1 p.m. on Ellis St. in Cape
- Hunt for Easter eggs April 7 at Hunter-Dawson State Historic Site. Children ages 3-10 can hunt for candy-filled eggs starting at 11 a.m. It is free and open to the public. Bring your own Easter basket. The site is located on Dawson Road in New Madrid. For more information, call the site at 573-748-5340 or click here to visit them online.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt in Malden, Mo. Saturday, April 7 at 10:30. Ages: birth-12 can hunt. Hot dogs, chips and drinks will be provided. Please join us. Hosted by Malden First General Baptist Church
- Kiwani Annual Easter Egg will be held on April 7 starting at 1 p.m. at the Dexter West City Park.
- Sikeston First Baptist Church will host an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday, April 8 from 9 am-10 am at the church for children up to 6th grade. Address is 1101 N. Main St. in Sikeston
- On Easter Sunday, April 8, Vantage Point Church at the Osage Center will be dropping 5,000 fun-filled Easter eggs from a helicopter. There will also be big prizes. Meet them on the lawn at 11 a.m.
- The Bluff Church will hold an Easter service at 10:27 on April 8 at the Historic Rodgers Theater in Poplar Bluff. The Bluff Church launched on September 1, 2010 and due to exponential growth is moving to our new venue at the Rodgers Theater on Easter. The Bluff Church is nondenominational. We excitedly invite everyone to attend our debut service at our new location on Easter monring.
- Cape Grace UMC is having their annual egg hunt on April 7 at 10 a.m. It's free and starts with breakfast and an Easter story before going outside to hunt eggs.
- Saturday, April 7 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Life Church Marion and The Southern Illinois Miners will present Easter Egg Drop 2012. Gates open at 10:15 a.m. They will drop 50,000 eggs from a helicopter onto the field at Rent One Park. Children are encouraged to bring an Easter basket or bag to collect eggs. After your child collects the eggs, they can turn them back in for treat bags
- "Barefoot on Sunday" to perform original cantata on Easter Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at Abbey Road Christian Church, 2411 Abbey Road, Cape Girardeau. For more information call Abbey Road music director, Roanne Dean 573-587-3502, or Steve Jordan, 573-579-8807.
- 76th Annual Easter Sunday Sunrise Service at Bald Knob Cross of Peace in Alto Pass, Ill. Service begins some time around 6 a.m. Recommended you come early. For more information, you can click here to visit their website.
- Traditional Easter Buffet at Southern Illinois University Carbondale will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 8 at the Student Center Ballroom. Advance tickets are $13 for students and senior adults, $14 for the general pubic and $6.75 for children ages seven and younger. At the door, prices are $1 higher. You may purchase tickets in advance at the Student Center Business Office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. through Friday, April 6. Or, buy your tickets by telephone by calling 618-453-3478. For more information, visit the Student Center website at www.siustudentcenter.org.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.