Twin Rivers scholar bowl team nearing state title | Community Spirit
BROSELY, MO (KFVS) - Some of the Heartland's best students are close to a Missouri scholar bowl state championship.
Twin Rivers High School is headed to the state tournament in Columbia for the first time in school history.
In fact, this is the first time the school has had a scholar bowl team in two decades.
Thursday, some of the teachers prepped members with a practive game in front of the student body.
"Everyone here, they're all supporting us, all happy that we're making it to state," said Cody Oakes, a junior at Twin Rivers. "It's been like 15 years since anything at our school has made it to state and everyone's real happy."
"The students are awesome, even the athletes. They're link 'Come on Ms. Long. You guys can do this.' And they're, I think as excited as we are," said Amanda Long, scholar bowl team advisor.
Twin Rivers will face Richland Friday at 10 a.m. and are three wins away from the state championship.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse