Poplar Bluff property nominated for National Register of Historic Places | Community Spirit
BUTLER COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation will consider nominations to the National Register of Historic Places during its quarterly meeting May 18 in Jefferson City.
The meeting, which is open to the public, will begin at 9 a.m. in the LaCharrette conference room of the Lewis and Clark State Office Building, 1101 Riverside Drive, Jefferson City.
Nominations for 20 properties and a National Register Multiple Property Documentation Form are scheduled to be considered for listing in the National Register. Properties on the agenda include historic residential and commercial historic districts, schools and hospitals, and sites related to historic western emigration trails.
The Williams-Gierth House at 848 Vine Street in Poplar Bluff is under consideration.
Approximately 270 historic buildings, sites and structures are represented in the nominations. Other nominated properties under consideration include:
- Historic & Architectural Resources of Warrensburg MPDF, Warrensburg, Johnson County.
- Grover Street Victorian Historic District , 209, 210, 211, 212, 214, 216, 218 Grover St., Warrensburg, Johnson County (Historic & Architectural Resources of Warrensburg, MO MPDF).
- Audrain County Courthouse, 101 N. Jefferson St., Mexico, Audrain County.
- Fallin Brothers Building, 211-229 South Market Ave., Springfield, Greene County.
- Central States Life Insurance Company Building, 3207 Washington Blvd., St. Louis [Independent City].
- Star Bucket Pump Company Building, 1218-24 N. 15th St., St. Louis [Independent City].
- North Broadway Glass & Plow Warehouse District, 2500-2614 North Broadway, St. Louis [Independent City].
- St. Elizabeth Hospital, 109 Virginia St., Hannibal, Marion County.
- First Presbyterian Church, 401 Jefferson, LaGrange, Lewis County.
- Joplin Furniture Company Building, 702-708 Main St., Joplin, Jasper County (Historic Resources of Joplin MPDF).
- Linwood Presbyterian Church and Home for Convalescent Employed Women, 1801 Linwood Blvd., and 3212 Michigan Ave., Kansas City, Jackson County.
- Yeakley-Bethel School, east Side of State Highway JJ, Approximately 1/10mi south of CR 220, DeKalb vic., Buchanan County.
- Hunter-Dawson Residence, 312 Dawson Road, New Madrid, New Madrid County.
- Cave Spring School and Cemetery, 4323 CR 4, Sarcoxie (vic), Jasper County.
- Route 66 Steak N’ Shake (preferred), 1158 E. St. Louis St., Springfield, Greene County.
- North Taylor Avenue Historic District, roughly bounded by Manchester Road, E. Adams Ave., and the lots flanking the east and west sides of North Taylor Ave., Kirkwood, St. Louis County.
- Moberly Historic District, roughly bounded by West Coates Street, West Rollins Street, North Clark Street, and Johnson Street, Moberly, Randolph County.
- Brickey, Peter, Farmstead, address restricted, Crawford County (Historic and Archaeological Resources of the Cherokee Trail of Tears MPDF).
- New Santa Fe “Three Trails” Trail Swales, W. Santa Fe Trail, ½ block west of intersection with Madison Ave., Kansas City, Jackson County (Historic Resources of the Santa Fe Trail MPDF).
- 85th & Manchester “Three Trails” Trail Segment, northwest corner 85th & Manchester, Kansas City, Jackson County (Historic Resources of the Santa Fe Trail MPDF)
In addition to nominations to the National Register of Historic Places, the council will receive status reports on programs provided by the State Historic Preservation Office, and discuss business related to its own function and duties.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse