Police bust "shake and bake" meth lab strapped to motorcycle | Crime
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - Poplar Bluff Police busted a "shake and bake" meth lab on the back of a motorcycle during a routine seat belt and insurance check.
Michael Hon, 33, of Poplar Bluff is charged with possession of a controlled substance, attempt to manufacture a controlled substance, resisting arrest, and several traffic violations.
Police were conducting a spot check for seat belts and liability insurance on South 5th Street and Cherry Street around 12:55 p.m. on May 8.
Police say Hon was driving a motorcycle when we failed to stop and fled the scene.
After a short chase, an officer pulled Hon from the motorcycle and he continued to resist until he was handcuffed.
Police say Hon had a plastic bag with methamphetamine residue. Police also say a "shake and bake" meth lab wa strapped to the back of Hon's motorcycle and that it was in an actively reacting state with a great deal of pressure building inside the bottle.
Hon was taken to the Butler County Jail.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse