Community leaders discuss rural economy with Missouri legislators at Three Rivers | Events
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - Poplar Bluff R-I Superintendent Chris Hon participated in his second recent roundtable discussion hosted Wednesday, December 19, at Three Rivers College featuring visiting state senators who were learning about economic challenges Southeast Missouri faces prior to entering the upcoming legislative session.
The first picture features Three Rivers Vice President of Student Success Dr. Angela Totty, Three Rivers Dexter Center Coordinator Bill Hampton, Three Rivers Marketing Director Teresa Johnson, Hon, Boys and Girls Club Executive Director Chris Rushin and Colton’s Steak House owner Herman Styles.
In the second picture, legislators included [from left] Sen.-elect Ed Emery of Lamar, Sen. Bob Dixon of Springfield, Sen.-elect Mike Cunningham of Rogersville, Sen.-elect Gary Romine of Farmington and host Sen.-elect Doug Libla of Poplar Bluff; plus Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center Chief Operating Office Lavah Lowe, Hon, Rushin and Greater Poplar Bluff Area Chamber of Commerce President Steve Halter.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse