Poplar Bluff H.S. band chosen to perform at Missouri Inaugural | Events
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - The Poplar Bluff High School Sho-Me Marching Band will be one of 10 bands across the state of Missouri to perform during the Missouri Inaugural Parade Monday, January 14 at 10 a.m. in Jefferson City.
The parade will end at the state Capitol, where the swearing-in ceremony for five statewide elected officials will take place. The inauguration is scheduled every four years at noon on the second Monday in January when, according to Missouri law, the governor’s term starts.
The Poplar Bluff High School Sho-Me Marching Band is directed by Stephen Winters.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse