Boys and Girls Club visits veterans at VA Medical Center | Events
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - The Boys and Girls Club recently visited Veterans at the John J. Pershing VA Medical Center.
Club members made door hangers prior to the visit and placed them on the resident’s doors. The members visit both the Community Living Center (nursing home) and the Acute Care (hospital) ward. The Veterans were pleased to have a visit from the young people.
“This is a great way for young people to connect with our Veterans," said Donna Reynolds, acting chief of voluntary service. "The Veterans love having visitors!” Pictured are members of the Boys and Girls Club holding some of the door hangers.
Anyone interested in volunteering or making donations to the John J. Pershing VA Medical Center, may contact the Voluntary Service office at 573-778-4276.
Copyright KFVS 2013. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse