VA offers Green Environmental Management System Program | Health
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - The John J. Pershing VA Medical Center reminds patients and community members that the Green Environmental Management System – or “GEMS” is the process used at the medical center to maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations.
The GEMS program evaluates the potential impact of all facility activities to human health or the environment, and helps ensure the VA makes environmentally-sound decisions.
The GEMS Coordinator for the John J. Pershing VA Medical Center is Jim Vail.
For more information about the GEMS program, contact Jim Vail at 573-778-4438 or the Acting Director of Facilities Management, Gary Cates, at 573-778-4704.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse