Missouri's sales tax holiday this weekend | News
(KFVS)- Shoppers in Missouri can shop for essentials tax-free this weekend.
The state's tax-free shopping period for back-to-school items runs from Friday through Sunday.
The state health departments also reminds parents and grandparents to make sure students' shots are up to date.
The tax exemption applies to items such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items as defined by the statute.
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
Check out this list of frequently asked questions about the back-to-school sales tax holiday.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse