Poplar Bluff man accused of threatening probation officer on Topix | News
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS)- A Poplar Bluff man was arrested Friday and accused of threatening violence against a probation officer on the website Topix.
Joseph Osborn, 25, of the 1500 block of NN Highway in Poplar Bluff was arrested and charged with a class C felony-tampering with a judicial officer.
On Friday, officers with the Poplar Bluff Police Department Criminal
Investigations Division say they received information that someone had posted messages
Authorities say the messages from Osborn threatened extreme violence against a local probation
Osborn was arrested Friday at his home.
He was taken to the Butler County Jail.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse