Man charged with murder after deadly Poplar Bluff shooting | News
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS)- A man wanted in connection with a deadly shooting in Poplar Bluff turned himself in to police Monday morning.
Poplar Bluff police say Tommy West III, 19, turned himself in to Pemiscot County authorities around 7:30 a.m. Monday.
West is charged with second degree murder and armed criminal action. He is being held without bond.
Police say 19-year-old Tommy West III of Hayti was wanted in connection to a deadly shooting Sunday afternoon.
Police say the shooting happened at 3:05 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of Rick's 66. That's in the 700 block of Highway 53.
Investigators say several people were fighting in the parking lot when someone pulled a gun and started shooting.
Officers say the shooter fired a number of shots and ended up hitting 19-year-old Michael Clayborne of Poplar Bluff three times.
Another person drove Clayborne to Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center where he died just after midnight on Monday morning.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse