Accused child kidnapper facing additional charges | News
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS)- A convicted sex offender already accused of kidnapping two southeast Missouri girls is facing additional charges.
Jeffrey Dean Shelton, 45, new charges of sodomy and sexually exploiting a child.
Shelton remains jailed without bond accused of kidnapping a girl on October 24.
He is also charged with abducting and abusing a 10-year-old girl four days before that.
Shelton has pleaded not guilty. He spent more than 20 years in prison for kidnapping and sexually assaulting three children in Texas in the early 1990s.
His case has been moved to Reynolds County on a change of venue request.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse