Poplar Bluff police seeking suspect in sexual assaults | News
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS)- Detectives with the Poplar Bluff Police Department are investigating two alleged sexual assaults involving the same suspect.
According to Poplar Bluff Police, a 28-year-old female from Scott City told officers that on Thursday she was forced at gunpoint to drive to Poplar Bluff. She was reportedly held against her will at a residence in the 1000 block of Cole Avenue in Poplar Bluff. The suspect allegedly sodomized the female one time.
Early Monday morning (12/31) a 14-year-old juvenile from Poplar Bluff reported to police that, she had been sexually assaulted by an adult male.
Stephan "Wayne" Anderson, 30, of Poplar Bluff is wanted for questioning in both offenses.
At the time of these new offenses, Stephan Anderson was out on bond for charges of kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible sodomy and robbery stemming from a September 2012 incident.
Anyone with information regarding Stephan Anderson's whereabouts is encouraged to contact their local law enforcement agency. Anderson should be considered armed and dangerous.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse