Todd Richardson announces bid for Congress | News
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - Second term State Representative from Poplar Bluff, Todd Richardson, announced Friday he is formally seeking the nomination for Missouri's 8th Congressional District.
This announcement comes after announcing his intention to explore the option last month.
“After spending the last few weeks traveling around southeast Missouri and meeting with members of the 8th District Congressional Committee, I have been encouraged by the support I have been receiving," Richardson said. "My wife Amber and I thought long and prayed hard about this decision and we are proud to announce that I am seeking the nomination."
Todd continued, “I have spent the last month talking with family, friends and constituents about this decision. After traveling the district and meeting with dozens of committee members, I have been honored and humbled by the level of support I have received.”
Richardson represents Butler and Dunklin counties in the State Legislature.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse