Lake Road scores in top 1 percent in national math competition | News
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - Lake Road Elementary School landed in sixth place out of 626 schools across the country in a recent online math competition.
A total of 90 Lake Road students, including the entire fourth grade as well as third graders who are members of the Boys and Girls Club of Poplar Bluff, competed in the Sumdog US National Contest during the last week of January, answering over 55,500 questions correctly.
For the complete results, visit http://pbschools.us/X0vZyM.
Prior to going on to nationals, Lake Road attained second place out of nine schools in Sumdog’s regional math contest.
Fourth graders [from left] Harley Stimmel, Jordyn Shearrer, Hunter Stanley, Megan Love, Matthew Wiseley, William Dell and Selena Hancock each made the top 10.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse